Below will outline how and when LJN collects information, what information will be collected, why LJN collects information, how it will be stored, the length of time it will be stored. You can always get in touch to query anything relating to the use of your data – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Identity and contact information
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is provided by Lorna Jane Newman trading as Lorna Jane Newman Photography & Retouching (“LJN”, “me”, or “I”), of 1b Havelock Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 0DB. It covers your rights in relation to the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (“PECR”).
This Notice also explains how LJN complies with the DPA, GDPR and PECR as well.
Lorna Newman is both the controller and a processor of all personal data collected.
Date this Notice was created: 25th April 2018
2. Compliance declaration
Both LJN and this website, www.lornanewmanweddings.com & www.lornajanenewman.com, comply with the DPA, GDPR and PECR. The GDPR comes into effect on the 25th May 2018. This Notice is updated whenever changes are made to relevant data protection legislation.
3. Your rights under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have a number of different rights relating to your personal data and how it is processed. They are as follows:
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Right to access your personal data, and any supplementary information which constitutes personal data.
- Right to have your personal data rectified; this means you can ask me to correct your personal data if it changes, turns out to be inaccurate, or is incomplete.
- Right to have your personal data deleted; this means that you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data. There are some circumstances when you do not have this right.
- Right to restrict me processing your personal data.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to object to me processing your personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling.
Most of these Rights will apply to your personal data and how it is processed by LJN, but some (such as the right to data portability and rights related to automated decision making including profiling) are not relevant to this business at the time of writing.
4. The data I collect, how I use it and why
In order to carry out my contractual obligations for your photography I need to collect certain personal data from my clients, provided voluntarily. This personal data includes names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers as well as any extra information which I’ll need to complete your photography requirements. This data is stored offline on a spreadsheet.
To deliver images to my clients online I use dropbox and it is password protected. When clients share their gallery with friends and family, they will need to enter their password to gain access to the dropbox folder, with the email address acting as a login. For further information about how dropbox collects and processes personal data please visit the dropbox website.
This website makes use Google Analytics to better understand visitor demographics to this site and help me improve my SEO and marketing strategies.
I do not issue any automated mailing lists.
I do not sell any information to a third party.
I do not cold call.
5. Sharing information with third parties
Other than those third parties mentioned in this Notice and listed below, LJN will not pass your personal data to any third party.
Your personal data may be shared with the following third parties in order to complete my contractual obligations with clients:
- Dropbox, as described above
- Offline spreadsheets (Mac Pages)
- Second photographers who join me on wedding shoots and need information to be able to do their job;
- Having taken precautions to maintain the security of such personal data, I may in certain circumstances share personal data with the ICO, and other legal, regulatory and law enforcement bodies;
- In anonymised form, I may share personal data with:
- Any third party, in relation to the sale of some or all of my business, or its assets, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. I will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your rights continue to be protected if your personal data is transferred in accordance with this clause; and
- Data aggregators and platform providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or sales performance (including but not limited to Google and Facebook).
In certain circumstances I may sometimes ask if you are interested in sharing your wedding photography with third party businesses such as wedding blogs and, magazines. Your consent will always be sought first before sharing your personal details in this way.
6. Security, storage and data retention
LJN will store your personal data for the duration of your photography requirements and for five years beyond this time. This is in the event I need to contact you regarding your images in the future. If you would like me to delete your personal data sooner you have the right to request removal at any time. I will keep all images on file until you request me to delete them.
7. Storage and Use of Photographs
Photographs depicting identifiable persons are classed as personal data in the GDPR, although specific legislation regarding images has not yet been released. GMP appreciates that not all clients will want their images to be shared online and clients will receive an image consent form when booking your photography with me. Images are stored on encrypted hard drives at my place of work and retained until the client asks for their deletion.
8. Social Media Platforms
This website includes several social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
9. Your consent
By using this site and/or engaging me on my Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by this Notice.
10. Your right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to be bound by this Notice at any time. If you wish to do so, please use the contact form on this website or email me directly on email@example.com You also have the right, as set out above, to withdraw your consent to my processing your personal data.
11. Your right to lodge a complaint
As well as the right to withdraw consent and exercise any of the above rights mentioned under ‘Your rights under the GDPR’, you also have the right to raise a complaint with a regulatory body. In the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). If you have concerns about the way your data is being processed by an organisation, you can find out more here.